Applying for Shared Ownership and Homebuy
Am I Eligible?
In order to be considered for home ownership you will need to complete and application form and meet the following criteria:
- You need to demonstrate that you are not able to purchase a property outright on the open market
- You need to be able to qualify or have access to a mortgage or have the ability to purchase your share outright
- You must be aged 18 or over when purchasing a property
- You must have enough savings to pay a deposit and all of the associated costs of purchasing a property
You may not be considered if any of the following applies to you:-
- You are purchasing for profit or as an investment
- You already own a home that is suitable to your needs
- You cannot obtain a mortgage
How do I apply?
- Contact us on 0800 183 5757 to discuss your eligibility
- We will send you information and an application form
- Complete the application form and return it to us with the relevant enclosures
- Send us a mortgage in principle offer letter with the application form
- When a property is available which matches your preferences we will send details to you through the post and arrange a viewing
- Our Leasehold, Sales & Lettings Team will add you to our waiting list; this information is shared with other housing associations and the local authority
To register, please contact our Leasehold, Sales and Lettings Team on 0800 183 5757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form, or alternatively download an application form from the Grŵp Cynefin website here.
More information about the process, from application to keys in your home.