Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 we must:
- Ensure that we use only Gas Safe registered engineers to carry out work on gas installations
- Not permit a gas appliance to be used if we suspect it to be unsafe or inadequately ventilated
- Undertake an annual safety check on gas pipework and landlord owned appliances
- Keep records of all inspection defects and actions taken
- Provide tenants with records of gas servicing or safety checks.
As of 1st October 2011 we appointed Sure Maintenance Ltd to carry out servicing and safety checks to gas appliances owned by the Association. More information on Sure Maintenance Ltd and gas servicing standards is available below:
- It is a legal requirement that you provide us with access to your home under the terms and conditions of your Tenancy Agreement
- Failure to provide access is a breach of your Tenancy Agreement. A charge of £25 may be made for each appointment where our contractor fails to gain access to carry out servicing and safety checks. Should any subsequent legal action be taken to obtain access and/or possession of your home, then all costs incurred in bringing such action will be your responsibility
- If you decide to install your own gas fire, permission must be obtained from us and the works carried out by a competent Gas Safe registered engineer.