Looking after your Home
To keep your home in peak condition you, your household and any visitors should:
- Take care of the property and use anything in your home which belongs to us only for the purpose intended
- Prevent damage to your home
- Take care of any fixtures, fittings or furnishings that were provided as part of your tenancy
- Try to solve minor problems like changing washers on dripping taps
- Report faults promptly and allow us to access your home so that repairs can be made within agreed timescales
- Keep the inside of your home clean and decorated
- Do not deface or graffiti your home or communal areas
- Do not throw anything from any landing, balcony, corridor or window in your property
- Do not fly tip or dump rubbish
- Remember you are responsible for the actions of your household, pets and visitors, whether you are aware of their actions or not. If PenAlyn has to repair any damage or maintenance that was your responsibility you may be charged.
Own Home Improvements
If you want to make any improvements to your home you need written permission from Clwyd Alyn. You can post the completed form to Clwyd Alyn head office:
72 Ffordd William Morgan
St Asaph Business Park
Depending on the nature of the home improvement and to make sure you're not at risk, Clwyd Alyn will always conduct an asbestos check before approving any home improvement works. This may be a simple search through our records, or could include a new survey.
Remember, if you carry out work on your home without permission, you and those living around you could be at risk of releasing asbestos fibres from asbestos containing materials.
All customers are responsible for insuring the contents of their home. We will not accept responsibility for any damage to uninsured possessions.