Which Repairs are my Responsibility?
Some repairs are the responsibility of the resident to maintain or replace. The most common ones are:
- Minor tasks including replacing toilet seats
- Repairs to your own equipment such as washing machines
- Work arising as a result of faulty workmanship carried out by tradesman employed by yourselves (not PenAlyn staff)
- Replacing sealant around baths and sinks
- Providing plugs to sinks and baths
- Unblocking external gullies or grids.
- Replacing internal locks, door handles, cupboard catches and hinges
- Replacing drawer handles
- Work resulting with the loss of house keys
- Replacing hat and coat hooks
- Putting up curtain rail battens
- Refitting doors after carpet laying
- Repairs to gates
- Repairs to fencing
- Releasing windows that have been stuck after internal painting
- Minor plaster cracks
- Replacing fuses (except for those maintained by electrical suppliers i.e. main fuse)
- Providing electrical plugs
- Replacing light bulbs (unless they are in a communal area)
- We do recognise that some residents (for instance, residents with disabilities) may not be able to carry out such minor repairs. In this case, please contact us as we may be able to help.
- Any paving or flagging apart from the main path, and the paving immediately adjacent to the property
Where PenAlyn complete any work relating to the above, or need to complete work when you have left your property you will be recharged for this.
Information on which repairs are my responsibility .