Adaptations & Permissions
Own Home Improvements
If you want to make any improvements to your home you need written permission from ClwydAlyn. Post a completed letter to ClwydAlyn headquarters:
ClwydAlyn Housing Limited
72 Ffordd William Morgan
St Asaph Business Park
Depending on the nature of the home improvement and to make sure you're not at risk, ClwydAlyn will need to review our request and may require inspection by the association and will include the review of asbestos data before approving any home improvement works. This may be a simple search through our records, or could include a new survey. Remember, if you carry out work on your home without permission, you and those living around you could be at risk of releasing asbestos fibres from asbestos containing materials.
Permission will only be granted if you have demonstrated that suitable and qualified persons will be undertaking the works.
Any improvements undertake without consent, the association will hold no responsibility for any ongoing maintenance of the improvement and if at any point the works are assessed as not meeting regulation or posing a risk, and require works to make safe. The group retains the right to undertake these works and recharge you as the resident.
Application to store a Mobility Scooter
We understand and encourage our residents to live independently and ask any resident wishing to store or charge a mobility scooter within their home that they seek permission first. Permission is required, the association needs to help you ensure the storage and/or charging does not pose a risk to you, your neighbours and the public, and permission will be required.
If you would like permission to store a mobility scooter in or around you home you will need to complete and submit the below application form.
Request to be removed from Planned Improvement Works
We understand that residents will not always want the Improvement Works we offer, maybe you have upgraded your home yourself or that personal circumstances mean the works need to be deferred until another time.
If you feel this applies to you, you have the right to opt out from the planned improvement programs we offer. By Opting out you will defer the works and the association will make contact either when next due a Stock Condition Survey is due or when the Improvement Programmes are next approaching the area.
If you need to make changes to your home because your needs have changed or you are a new resident, you may be able to get a grant through us from the Welsh Government. Minor Adaptations Grants, also known as Physical Adaptation Grants (PAG’s) can only be carried out on our properties. In order for us to apply for a grant an Occupational Therapist’s report must be submitted to us. The report should say why and what changes are needed.
Minor Adaptations Grant Process
- ClwydAlyn resident visits Doctor and is referred to Occupational Therapist
- OR ClwydAlyn resident contacts Occupational Therapist in their county/local authority
- OR ClwydAlyn resident contacts the Hospital Occupational Therapist before they are discharged.
- For more information See the Accessing Care and Support in North Wales Document
- Occupational Therapist visits resident and produces ‘Referral’, the ‘Referral’ is then sent to us
- Specialist Mechanical equipment requires a service charge agreement
- Drawings and Schedule prepared and sent out to Occupational Therapist and Client for approval
- The job is sent out to Contractors for tender
- Welsh Government to approve funding or Fast Track Schemes
- We visit the site with the contractor when works commence and interim inspections
- We visit the site with the Contractor when works are complete
- Satisfaction questionnaire is sent to resident to gauge the quality of service and work
The above process could take a maximum of 6 to 12 months, although Fast Track Schemes can be completed in a shorter time scale (dependant on individual needs and circumstances).
What will the grant pay for?
There are various adaptations which the Welsh Government will fund; here are just a few examples:
- Clos O Mat
- Scooter Stores
- Level Access Showers
- Dropped Kerbs
- Adapted Kitchens
- Rise & Fall Baths
- Grab rails
- Stair lift