Damp, condensation and mould
There are different types of dampness that may affect your home. The information on this page should help you to identify them and let you know what to do next if you have a problem.
Condensation is a big cause of damp in homes and is often mistaken for the other types. Condensation can be made worse if the other types of dampness are present.
We’ve also provided helpful tips on how to reduce the risk of damp and mould in your home by making small changes to daily routines.
Find out more
If you’d like to find out more about damp, mould and condensation you can do so by reading our new booklet that we created in partnership with some of our residents from the Resident Committee and #InfluenceUs.
It’s important that we all take steps to minimise condensation in our homes. If you notice anything that needs repairing or you are struggling with dampness in your home then please let us know as soon as possible.
Repairs can be reported by:
- Emailing the Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of damp you’re concerned with along with photos (if possible), your address and contact details.
- Using MyClwydAlyn our Residents’ Portal, or through our online form.
- Calling the Customer Service Team from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday on freephone: 0800 183 5757
- You can request a call back during office opening hours and we will call you back at no cost to yourself.
- Speaking to your Housing Officer.
Please ensure you send as much detail as possible, including a photograph (if possible), the location of the repair, address, and how to get in touch with you, so we can arrange access.