We’re seeing a rise in the number of customers being contacted by companies offering a ‘no win no fee’ service for a housing disrepair.
These companies get in touch with customers about making a claim against us for a disrepair, but often exploit the system. These organisations are not connected to us in anyway and are rarely there to benefit you. If the case is won, the fees they take can be high.
If you do have a repair issue with us, we urge you to go through our feedback channels to try and resolve it. We always aim to sort out complaints quickly. If you’re unhappy with a part of our repairs service, then please visit our complaints page or get in touch.
You may also wish to seek independent advice from a trusted source, such as your local Citizen’s Advice Buerau.
We’ve heard that some of these companies can put a lot of pressure on people to sign up and if they change their mind later are threatened with legal action. If you are experiencing this, please get in touch with us or if you would prefer, you can contact trading standards at your local authority.
- If you have a repair that you’d like to raise with us you can do this via phone 0800 183575, email firstname.lastname@example.org or raising the repair via MyClwydAlyn
- If you are unhappy with our repairs service and want help in raising any issues, please fill out our complaints form and our team will work to resolve your issues.
- You have repairs needed to your home that we are responsible for
- It is specifically not in regards to home improvements (e.g. new kitchens, bathrooms etc.)
- You have reported your repairs
- We have failed to address these for you in timely manner
- You have also been through our complaints process (which includes independent Ombudsman)
- Seek support and advice from Citizens Advice
- There may be hidden costs and you may be charged a fee if you change your mind
- It’ll be a lengthy process
- Defending disrepair cases is extremely costly for us and money spent on these claims takes away from funding in other areas.
- We’ll always defend any claim rigorously where we feel it is unjustified.
- Before we engage with any claim for disrepair, we ask that our complaints process has been followed and exhausted.
- They may advise you don’t allow us access to complete repairs leading you to believe you’ll get more money. This isn’t true as the court will see our access attempts. So refusing access mean you’ll end up living with the outstanding repairs for longer.
- If you’re ever not sure, please contact us to verify the person’s identity. You don’t need to give out any personal details or allow access to your home until you’re sure.
Some of these companies are ringing or emailing our customers. If you are not sure if a caller is really from ClwydAlyn, please do call us back on 0800 183575 to check or drop us an email.