How to report a repair:
- Log into the ‘MyClwydAlyn’ portal to report a repair
- The Customer Service Team from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday on freephone: 0800 183 5757 or email us on email@example.com
- You can request a call back during office opening hours and we will call you back at no cost to you.
What happens next?
- We will book your appointment
- You will receive a reminder of your appointment via text or email
- An adult must be present to allow our staff access to your home
- The area we’ll be working on needs to be accessible and clear so that we can complete the job safely
- If you need to change the appointment that we’ve arranged, please let us know 0800 183 5757
- Our operatives may call without an appointment if they are in the area but will only carry out the repair if it is convenient for you
Typically 1 Appointment which we aim to do within 24 hours.
Typically work requiring 1 trade over 1 or 2 appointments we aim to complete within 28 days.
Typically work requiring multiple trades or multiple appointments.
Typically major works to be programmed in with an agreed start date.
Your repair responsibilities are dependent on what tenancy you have signed up to. Leasehold & Shared Ownership will be different.
If you are in a new build property and are still within the 12-month defects period, please complete the form available the contact us page.
- The structure and exterior of your home. This means the roof, walls, doors, window frames and floors
- Gutters, pipes and drains within the boundary of your home
- Baths, toilets (but not toilet seats) sinks and wash basins
- Electrical wiring, gas pipes, fitted heaters, radiators and water heaters
- The maintenance of communal areas and their electrical supplies where provided
- Exterior painting
- Anything that belongs to you
- Toilet seats
- Blocked waste pipes
- Cookers, fridges (unless provided by ClwydAlyn, for instance in certain sheltered schemes)
- Fuses, light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Replacement of keys
- Any damage caused by you, your family and/or your visitors
- Decorating the inside of your home
Any work that comes up as a result of faulty workmanship carried out by yourself or tradesman employed by yourself (not ClwydAlyn staff) is a chargeable cost to you.
Additionally, where ClwydAlyn carries out any work that is deemed to be the resident’s responsibility, or needs to complete work when you end your tenancy with us, this is also a rechargeable cost.
- No heating or hot water
- Locks or lost keys
- Loss of power
- Escape of gas or fumes
- Electrical fittings in contact with water
- Live or bare electric wiring
- Sewage overflowing into the home
- Uncontrollable leaks
- Burst storage tanks, cylinders or pipes
- Faulty communal fire/smoke alarms sounding
- Loose or dangerous bricks / roof tiles
- Issues with major adaptations – e.g. passenger lifts
Work to your home
We will regularly maintain your home to make sure it is kept to standard.
This work includes:
- Servicing all gas & fuel appliances every year
- Electrical safety checks every five years
- Decorating communal areas in Supported Housing and flats
- Maintain communal lifts, fire & smoke alarms and fire safety equipment
- Emergency lighting
- Remove asbestos
- Fire safety inspections to communal buildings
- Inspect communal water storage facilities
- Maintain open spaces and green areas
- Smoke/ heat/ CO2 detectors are tested every year
These are larger works such as
- Kitchen & bathroom improvement
- Windows & doors improvement
- Heating systems improvement
- External painting
- Mini projects
Do you have a minor repair that you could fix yourself? Please get in touch and we’ll provide the parts!
By completing your own minor repairs, you can reduce your waiting time and carry the repair out in your own time. In some cases, this might reduce the need for you to take time off work to allow the repairs team access to your home.
If you are interested in completing your own self repair, please get in touch with ClwydAlyn’s Contact Centre on 0800 1835757, where a member of the team will talk you through the process.