Seen as one of our most innovative developments yet, Glasdir is a development of 63 energy efficient homes. Built by Williams Homes on behalf of ClwydAlyn and in partnership with Denbighshire County Council and the Welsh Government; with partial funding through the Innovative Housing Programme.
The mixture of homes comprises of one, two, three and four bedroom homes, varying from bungalows, apartments, semi-detached and detached homes as well as adapted bungalows. All homes are built as lifetime homes and designed so that they are easily adaptable to the changing needs of the residents, helping them to live independently for longer.
These new homes meet and exceed the current regulatory standards: Welsh Government Housing Quality Standard, Welsh Government Development Quality Requirements and Welsh Government Beautiful Homes and Spaces Standards.
ClwydAlyn’s aim is to tackle fuel poverty and help minimise the impact less energy efficient homes can have on people’s health and wellbeing. Built stretching boundaries and using new greener technologies and innovative designs, these new homes are super energy efficient and benefit from:
- Air source heat pumps
- Solar electricity panels
- Solar electricity storage batteries
- Homes positioned to maximise solar gain and natural daylight
- Electric car charging facilities
- ‘Modern Methods of Construction’, using as many natural and sustainable materials as possible
- Sourcing materials from local manufacturers and suppliers, keeping carbon footprint low.
These homes can make a big difference. They’ll help residents support the environment; save precious energy and they could save money in the long run.
The Site Comprises of 63 homes
- 2 x 2 Bedroom Adapted Bungalows
- 8 x 1 Bedroom Apartments
- 4 x 2 Bedroom Bungalows
- 4 x 3 Bedroom Detached Houses
- 20 x 2 Bedroom Semi Detached Houses
- 21 x 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Houses
- 4 x 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Houses