Completion: Autumn 2023
This is a £9.6m development of 60 new energy efficient, affordable homes. Built by Anwyl Partnerships on behalf of ClwydAlyn and in partnership with Anglesey County Council and the Welsh Government.
The 4.2 acre site, was formerly part of the college campus, and has been transformed to a mixture of homes comprising of 44 two and three bedroom houses and 16 two bedroom apartments. The scheme is now known as Erwau’r Coleg.
All homes are built as lifetime homes and designed so that they are easily adaptable to the changing needs of the residents, helping them to live independently for longer.
These new homes meet and exceed the current regulatory standards: Welsh Government Housing Quality Standard, Welsh Government Development Quality Requirements and Welsh Government Beautiful Homes and Spaces Standards.
ClwydAlyn’s aim is to tackle fuel poverty and help minimise the impact less energy efficient homes can have on people’s health and wellbeing. Built using greener technologies and innovative designs, these new homes are super energy efficient and benefit from:
- Air source heat pumps
- Solar electricity panels
- Homes positioned to maximise solar gain and natural daylight
- Electric car charging facilities
- ‘Modern Methods of Construction’, using as many natural and sustainable materials as possible
- Sourcing materials from local manufacturers and suppliers, keeping carbon footprint low.
These homes can make a big difference. They’ll help residents support the environment; save precious energy and they could save money in the long run too.
The site has 60 homes
- 16 x 2 Bedroom Apartment
- 18 x 2 Bedroom Semi Detached Homes
- 14 x 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Homes
- 7 x 2 Bedroom Terraced Homes
- 5 x 3 Bedroom Terraced Homes