A development of 100 new energy efficient, affordable homes in partnership with Flintshire County Council and the Welsh Government.
The mixture of homes comprises of two, three and four bedroomed homes as well as two bedroomed bungalows and one and two bedroomed flats. All homes are built as lifetime homes and designed so that they are easily adaptable to the changing needs of the residents, helping them to live independently for longer.
These new homes will meet and exceed the current regulatory standards: Welsh Government Housing Quality Standard, Welsh Government Development Quality Requirements and Welsh Government Beautiful Homes and Spaces Standards.
ClwydAlyn’s aim is to tackle fuel poverty and help minimise the impact less energy efficient homes can have on people’s health and wellbeing. Built using greener technologies and innovative designs, these new homes are super energy efficient and benefit from:
- Air source heat pumps
- Solar electricity panels
- Solar electricity storage batteries
- Homes positioned to maximise solar gain and natural daylight
- Electric car charging facilities
- ‘Modern Methods of Construction’, using as many natural and sustainable materials as possible
- Sourcing materials from local manufacturers and suppliers, keeping carbon footprint low.
These homes can make a big difference. They’ll help residents support the environment; save precious energy and they could save money in the long run too.
The site has 100 homes
- 6 x 1 Bedroom Apartments
- 18 x 2 Bedroom Apartments
- 5 x 2 Bedroom Bungalows
- 31 x 2 Bedroom Homes
- 34 x 3 Bedroom Homes
- 6 x 4 Bedroom Homes